Worth the Wait....

Yep. That's Destin.... in ALL it's glory. That's where Jonathan and I went to celebrate his 40th birthday last weekend. We had originally scheduled the trip for the weekend before, but with the monsoon we had, we decided at the last minute to postpone one very looooong week. We left Friday morning, bright and early, so we had lots of time to enjoy the ocean and the pool once we got there. It was beautiful.... 80 degrees.... this picture was taken from our balcony early one morning.... make you jealous?? I don't think 2 1/2 days was quite enough time, but we'll definitely be back soon.

Here's another photo taken from our balcony of the hotel. We stayed at the Hilton Sandestin. Love that place. We had such a good, relaxing time together. Ate at our favorite restaurants, drank our favorite drinks, I read a book, we shopped and Jonathan even got a birthday massage ($150 PLUS tax, tip and all the rest!!! Robbery, I say. Well worth it, he says.... Gosh we're opposites!)

It's always so hard to get a picture of the two of you when you're on vacation alone together, so this time I thought I'd get smart and set the timer on my camera, prop it up on the ice bucket, and let it do it's stuff. This is the first picture we took......

DO OVER!!!
So then I made Goofy take another shot. What's up with the cheesy mug these days?? He keeps taking pictures like these. It must be the 40 year old thing.... maybe he's thinking he's looking a little younger with the Mickey Mouse grin.....


.........So here's the next one..... yep -- AWFUL of me! Oh well.... I guess it's kind of like marriage..... when you're at your worst, he's at his best and vice versa..... guess that's what keeps it interesting.

And here's the last shot on the way out the door.... checking out.... so sad -- it went by way too fast, but it was so much fun to get all the big hugs from the kids when we got home. Thanks babe for the great weekend. Happy Birthday!

Photobucket