The excitement builds....

Sheesh, it's been a rough couple of days. Softball, a big writing project for Madison, shopping for everything dog related that we need just to get through the first few days -- had NO IDEA what a money pit Petco was! -- getting ready to head out of town for the weekend, trying to start on some of the food for the party next week and finishing up some of the games, too..... I'm tired just thinking about it all.

And true to form, just when I'm at my busiest, my body stops working properly..... I stop sleeping through the night. I told Jonathan this morning that I feel like the mama of a newborn..... I've been waking at 3:00am or 4:00am every night and not getting back to sleep.... And last night it was 2:00. Why is it that when you are your most tired, you become an INSOMNIAC?? And of all things, I just realized the kids are out of school on Monday, the day before I'll have 150 people at my house..... can I ever plan the right timing of a party or what??? At least this time there is NO RAIN IN THE FORECAST.... yes, it truly is a miracle.... NO RAIN in Auburn, AL for at least a few days.

And don't forget with all the other stuff happening around here, we're throwing a puppy in the mix, too. Maybe I've taken a little too much on, but believe it or not, even though my body feels like a semi hit it, I'm really excited about the puppy and the party. The kids are getting all psyched up for both, and we're actually heading out today to spend the night in Atlanta.... have some fun there and then we're going to the Lakewood antique show tomorrow morning before going to pick up Miles. Should be a nice break from the chaos.

I took a few pictures of the kids last night when we got home from the plethora of stores we went to shopping for the dog. By the way, did you know that dogs need ear cleaning pads?? Me either.... but according to Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer himself, they're a must. Yikes.... this is getting more and more expensive and ridiculous at the same time..... a bag of organic doggie treats..... $9.99.... I don't spend that much on MY treats!! You can get a REALLY big waffle cone at Bruster's for around $4.00 and I'm pretty positive it would taste ALOT better. Oh well, I'm sure I'm being suckered into to buying all kinds of things this puppy doesn't need, but it's been pretty exciting for all us to get everything ready for the homecoming of our new baby. The kids were so pumped last night that they each took a turn in his new home (we'll be crate training).... you know, just to make sure it was pretty cool and comfy in there for him.

Jacob took a turn first..... we actually couldn't get him out of there..... he really liked it!

Then Macy took a turn.....

Madison went next, but I didn't get it on film.....
here they are so excited about their new family member.

Wish me luck..... it's been a LONG time since I've had a puppy! I sure hope I can do this.

By the way, if anyone reading this is coming to the party, I still need some tables..... tailgating kind or card tables, either one would help. And if you'd like to bring some rolls of toilet paper, that would really help, too. Thanks! Can't wait!
Photobucket