Rain, Rain GO AWAY!!

Why does time seem to be passing by so quickly? My sweet baby boy turned 4 this week and I'm having a bit of a hard time saying goodbye to the baby I gave birth to oh, I don't know..... like a year or so ago. Bye-bye baby.... Hello BIG Boy!

And poor thing, he doesn't even believe he's really four because we keep having to postpone his Diego outdoor adventure party because of all the rain. Just ask him..... "Jacob, can you believe you're FOUR years old??".... to which he replies (angrily I might add).... "I'm NOT four yet.... I haven't had my party!"

And about that party.... I'm trying to give him what he wanted.... a party full of Diego adventures for all of his friends, but that put me right back into some of my "old" ways..... all that crazy party-planning I used to do that I'd decided I'd take a break from for a while. As many times as I've done this in the past, I still forget how much work is involved. I've been sleeping 4-5 hours a night, waking at 3:00am or 4:00am, not able to get back to bed because my mind is racing with project ideas and that all familiar inner voice that says.... "Get up right now. Get as much as you can done BEFORE the kids wake up. It's much, much easier that way."

It's been fun to tap into my creative side again... except for the stress of trying to get in touch with everyone over & over again to yet again change the date and time of the party. Nothing like trying to plan an outdoor obstacle course and games when there are thunderstorms forecast for a full week! So I've been painting and designing stickers and baking and brainstorming and shopping and shopping again and finding as many bugs and spiders and snakes as I can (Fake, of course!). The house is a mess. I look like crap. Those are just the perils of planning a party...... but I hope it will be fun for everyone and I hope he'll remember this one for a long, long time.

Happy Birthday Big Boy!

Jacob opening his Lego police car.... just what he wanted

Now THAT makes a mama happy

Here's the invitation I designed for the party

And the Rescue Pack I made for each of the kids to get at the party

These are all the items in the Rescue pack to help the kids
through their adventure to save the baby animals. There's even a picture on their cell phone of the baby animals that need to be rescued so they'll know exactly what to look for on their trek through the jungle.

Here's the Diego & Baby Jaguar I've been painting for far too many hours....
Anyone need a Diego? I'd love for it to be put to good use after this party.

One of the many messes in my house right now..... waiting, waiting, waiting
for the rain to stop so that I can set it all out in the backyard

Here's Click with a picture of the baby animals that have unfortunately fallen into a trap the Bobo Brothers set out in the jungle. It will be up to Jacob and his friends to find them and rescue them from that net

Sorry everyone for the many changes in dates.....
hang in there and maybe Sunday we'll have a beautiful day for Jacob to celebrate his big boy birthday.