Enchanted Fairy Party

"It's All in the Details," they say.... and for this wonderful little girl's party, I couldn't get enough of the details. It seemed that every where I looked, I found inspiration for this woodland fairy theme. I truly could have kept designing for months! I hope you enjoy the pictures and gather a bit of inspiration yourself for your little girl's next birthday bash.







The enchanted fairy table setting complete with toadstool seats. I made the tree from a piece of driftwood, and fashioned some windows, shutters, window boxes and the door from some thin wood pieces. The tree top was actually made by covering the top of a green turtle sandbox (yes, you heard me right!) with burlap, then adding moss, leaves and ferns.










What a magical setting








The fairy house










I covered the iron garden gates with spray glue, then moss (a MESSY project!!) and then added some silk floral garlands, glittery leaf sprays, and I made a Happy Birthday sign for the birthday girl.





The fairy's place setting - I sewed all the napkins and napkin rings and attached a bird nest with a sweet bird on top. I made all the fairies and their toadstools. The fairy were wood parts from Hobby Lobby, embroidery thread hair, pipe cleaner arms covered in flesh colored embroidery thread and finally a skirt made from a silk flower and a hat from the silk flower, too. The glasses were flower vases from IKEA.








Fairy place cards - each girl had a placecard and a unique fairy at her seat.









The Fairy Food Table - I used various items from the woods to create this party dessert table. I had marshmallow pops covered in pink chocolate and sprinkles (Magical Marshmallow Pops), sandwiches cut into butterfly shapes with a bit of butter and then multi colored non pareils on top (Pixie Dust Sandwiches), cupcakes were displayed on clear plates made into a cupcake stand by cutting down tree trunks and making the various layers, fruit skewers with a cantaloupe star on top (Fairy Fruit Wands), some Fairy Berry Juice and Crunchy Butterflies (small pretzel twists) and Fairy Trail Mix (Chex Mix).













Sweet Sulli's Birthday Cake with her very own mini birthday banner








Buttercream White Chocolate Fairy Cakes with fondant decorations



















The Fairy House craft table - the girls each made a fairy house from a bird house and various natural elements like moss, sticks, acorn, leaves, etc.







Mushroom Grotto - I made the mushrooms by using cylinder shapes (plastic megaphones, tomato cages) and covering them with batting and fabric. I used cocoa plant liners for the mushroom caps -- I painted them with spray paint and added felt circles for the full effect.

Their Pixie Dust making station - The girls used colored sand and a little glitter and made their very own pixie dust to take home. They each were given a container with a silk flower glued to the top to mix their own pixie dust.











The Land of Flowers where the girls played a fun game. I told them the Tooth Fairy had flown overhead the previous night and accidentally dropped her money bag. The girls found all the coins and the Tooth Fairy was so happy, she let them keep the money.




I made the flowers by using a wire flower I bought at Hobby Lobby then added crepe paper and felt backings, attaching it to a green dowl and adding large felt leaves.





Games were everywhere in the forest. I made a Pin the Wand on the Fairy game that the girls enjoyed playing. They each got a pixie stick after their turn and the winner received her own bag of candies.





The Flower Ring Toss Game





The girls looked for moonrocks around the Shimmering Lake so the could give them to the gnome to enter the forest









The girls' beautiful costumes -- I made the tutu's, bought the leotards and plain wings, and embellished all with ferns, leaves, and flowers. They were so beautiful in their costumes!!








Their sparkling fairy wands that I made from Christmas ornaments, painted paper machie stars and curling ribbon.


It was a wonderful time for all! I want to thank Jamie at Giggledust Parties for some of the wonderful inspiration for this party. Jamie is an inspiration to me and proof that a busy mommy with lots of little kiddies and a passion to create beautiful parties for children CAN do it! So thank you Jamie - You are my Idol!



UPDATE:
There has been such AMAZING response to this little Enchanted Fairy Party, that I've decided to bring it to the masses! I've designed a customized, printable Fairy Party that you can purchase at Etsy.com. Printables parties are so easy! Just send me your information and I'll personalize all of your designs, send them to you via email -- You PRINT them, CUT them, and you are on your way to a great party!! It even includes a banner, invitations and thank you notes!

You can find the printables HERE.


Here's an adorable Fairy dessert table I designed using the printables.


Here's what you get!! Water bottle labels, food labels, napkin rings, a banner, signs, invites, and more. So cute, and personalized, too. Get yours today and give your little girl the party of her dreams!