I'm soooooooo excited!!!!

What a great day! And after a really great week, too. We've been in Santa Rosa, FL all week on vacation (one of my most favorite-ists places on earth), and today was our day to come home. Sad but true. And you know what that means.... cleaning.... washing.... loading up..... three kids.... 4 hours..... packed in like sardines in a COMPLETELY FULL car..... and oh yeah, lots and lots of "are we in Auburn yets????"

We arrived, just in time, I might add, to pick up the dog, run by the grocery store and come home to a house full of nephews, my sister and my mom who were all visiting from out of town. Whew, I'm tired just writing about it! We unpacked, cooked for 9, ate, cleaned and then giggled alot while we watched the little ones act like fools all night.... belly dancing, break dancing, making their belly buttons talk.... you know, the usual Saturday night drill around here. The next thing I know, it's 11:30, I crawl in bed, and as admittedly addicted as I am to my laptop, well, I decide to check just one teeny thing before I catch a little shut-eye. And there it is.... a sweet little message from a friendly fellow party-lover like myself telling me that my fairy party has been featured on a party website called Catch My Party!

Well, what do you know.... my party.... right here on the Plains in little old Auburn makes Party of the Day. I was so excited that I even woke up my sleeping, snoring husband just to show him. Needless to say, I didn't get a whole lot of excitement back. It was really more of a grunt than anything else.... but I'm sure he'll be super excited, too, in the morning.

So until then, when I get to run around the house hugging everyone, telling them how much this means to me to be recognized by Catch My Party (yes, I know, sounds a little ridiculous, right?), I decided to go ahead and tell my blogger buddies about it tonight. So thanks for listening and indulging me.

I pour over these party websites with the same kind of passion and zeal that my 4 year old does when he looks at his Star Wars book of just about every single Star Wars toy ever made (and yes, the obsessive defect does seem to be genetic... poor boy). I can't describe the rush I get when I see pictures of a beautiful party.... to know that there are women out there, just like me, completely creatively immersed in every little detail. And there are some REALLY talented women out there with some really great parties, too. So here it is.... the button I now get to keep. You can click it to see this awesome site full of wonderful parties from all around the world.


Catch My Party

OK, I'll stop celebrating and go to bed. Night, night.

PS - I'm posting the Fairy Party post again under this post in case you might have missed it the first go around. It still makes me happy to look at it.Photobucket