Diary of a Tired but Exceedingly Happy Mom-trepreneur.....

Dear Diary,
I still can't believe all the attention my little Enchanted Fairy Party is getting. I tend to have big dreams and put in a pretty big effort to realize those dreams, but I gotta tell ya..... this party business has been QUITE an undertaking. Much more than I ever thought. In the beginning, I was so excited and so passionate about every little detail of all the parties I was seeing on the internet that I could barely sleep! I think I drove my family a little crazy saying, "Wow! Look at this! Can you believe how this woman made this cupcake stand?? Look at this table setting!"

I had to be pretty annoying. And then there's the quadrillion hours I've put in.... super-laser-focused on exactly what I want Shindig to be.... want I want Shindig to bring to Auburn and all of it's little ones. And that Fairy Party.... whew, how much I put into that one. But I loved....... DEEPLY loved Every. Single. Minute. Tired, no sleep, but I still loved it.

So there are no words to express how happy.... elated...... excited...... THRILLED I am that so many people all around the U.S. in the party business (and party-loving mom's, too!) have loved this Fairy Party as much as me. This last week as been one of the most amazing of my life. I've always believed in hard work. You can't really go wrong if you know you gave something your best effort. But I was beginning to get a little discouraged after 8 months of gluing, sewing, painting, designing, sawing, nailing, glittering, shopping and all the rest without reaching my goal of opening Shindig by fall with 6-8 parties fully designed and ready for the kids. And on top of that, I was turning 40.

Well, guess what? Forty has been WONDERFUL!!!! As of right now, that I know of, Shindig has been featured on 8 different party websites in one week! Talk about exciting and motivating. I think my prayers are being answered, and I am so very grateful.

Just this morning on Facebook, I noticed Shindig was being featured again on another website I love called A Few of My Favorite Things on their "Fave Things Round Up." Beyond excited I tell you!! Thank you all for your support, and the absolute best part of all of this are the women I'm meeting in the business. You Ladies Rock! I am both inspired by you and humbled by your encouraging words.



Photobucket