I'd like to take this moment to apologize...

Photobucket



I made this Welcome Page for my Shindig Facebook Fan Page, but after countless hours of HTML and FBML codes, I STILL can't get the darn thing to load on the page! Arrrrgh! So I thought I'd just share with you and see what it looks like on the screen.

Now to the post and the apology....I know my regular viewers are probably growing a little weary of all the announcements for Shindig features. I apologize. And I promise it will stop.... soon.... REALLY! I'm just so excited I can't stand it! At this point, I only have these two completely done with maybe 10 or so more in the works, so there aren't any more parties to be featured anyway. That means the celebrating should end pretty soon, and I will get back to what I really need to be doing..... creating awesome parties for the kids in Auburn!

I still can't believe it all started from a simple little upload, early in the morning, while we were at the beach less than 2 weeks ago. I was just bored.... a simple little act of boredom started this whole ball a -rolling!

I woke up one morning about 5:00am, couldn't sleep, and went to the den of the condo to play on my laptop. When I came across the Catch My Party website, which I had visited quite a number of times in the past checking out other people's parties, I noticed a little tab that says "Add a Party" that I had never noticed before. So, like I said, I was just bored, and I found the one file with some party photos from the fairy party that were on my laptop (I keep picture files on my desktop). So I uploaded them and didn't think much of it other than that they could possibly help someone out there planning a fairy party. And then, within a couple of days I get an email saying the party had won Party of the Day. And then another email from someone wanting to feature the entire party, then another and another. And well, I guess you've read the posts. It was amazing.

For a girl who will work til she drops (really!) Who isn't even close to where she needs to be to open this party business.... A girl who has 3 children, a husband and a ton of responsibilities outside of starting her own business..... for a girl who, because of all of the above, was growing more and more discouraged.... I was truly feeling like, "HOW?? How am I going to make this happen? How am I ever going to get enough time to do all the work I need to do?" For that girl, all of this attention is just what she needed. I've been so busy...... a little cut off..... I haven't been able to share all the things I've done with friends for a little support or encouragement. I haven't focused on the strides I've made this year.... instead, I was thinking of all the things I HADN'T done yet..... perfectionist that I am and all..... So all of these posts, and all of the wonderful comments out there on other people's sites, well, it's just really, really nice..... and motivating.... and humbling to now be a small part of this talented "party girl" community that I have been in awe of this entire year.

I do have some more great news though. Today Kara's Party Ideas featured my Fairy Party in addition to the feature she did on Star Wars a day or so ago. And a blog called Petals and Sunshine featured it, too. Then, this afternoon I started getting hits on my blog like crazy, and found that another site called Be Different, Act Normal had featured the Star Wars party as well. It's been a lot of fun opening my email lately! But the funniest of all was a link to my blog that looked a little, well foreign to me. Turns out it was a site from Brazil that featured the Fairy Party! Jonathan and I both started cracking up when we went to look at the post.... all my pictures...... my party..... all with words neither of us could understand! At least there were a lot of exclamation points..... I guessing that works the same way no matter what language you speak.

Life is Good. I am Grateful. And hey, don't forget, click the "Like" button to become a Fan of Shindig on Facebook. We've had a great response on Facebook..... I'd love to see you there, too!!
Photobucket