Christmas Recipes -- Yum!

Every year around the holidays, I seem to throw all caution to the wind and eat just about anything (and everything) I want. You too, huh? I guess we all do. I just find so much joy in seeing a beautiful photo of food and then creating a huge batch of whatever the delight of the day may be...... and yes, of course, eating as much as I can without getting sick.

Fa-la-la-la-lah-lah-lah-lah-lahhhhh!

So in my excitement to find more goodies out there on the web, I made a little bloggy list of my favorites and thought I'd share with all of you.




Woman's Day has a wonderful assortment of holiday cookie recipes. I love this Christmas tree cupcake made from flattened green gumdrops. And I don't think my snowman sugar cookies would ever turn out quite like this, but a girl can dream, right?





Butter Toffee from Peppermint Plum is the perfect holiday gift for neighbors and friends, although, I have to say, I don't think this one would ever make it out the door of my house as a gift.



Tidy Mom has a beautiful twist on peppermint bark..... mold it with a Christmas cookie cutter to create a truly special holiday treat. I think this would be a perfect teacher gift.




Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Holiday Cups from Hoosier Homemade look pretty yummy, too!



My Computer is my Canvas has a great idea for some easy to make holiday treats using the new Hershey's peppermint kisses, M&M's and pretzels.


The Recipe Girl has some delicious-looking Chocolate-Peanut Butter Snowballs that would also be great as homemade gifts.




Singing with Birds features a award-winning Betty Crocker recipe of Maple Walnut White Chocolate Chip Cookies that look amazing.



And who doesn't like cookies on sticks? These Nutter Butter Santas from I'm a Mom, Not a Professional would make for a terrific family holiday activity. Edible crafts -- that's my kind of fun!

More food on sticks -- these adorable Santa's Belly Pops from The Decorated Cookie would definitely be a hit at my house. Fondant makes it easy to decorate beautiful cookies even if you're not an expert.



Not really a cookie, but a cute Christmas treat nonetheless are these Peppermint Candy Lollipops from Muffin Tin Mom. She just melts regular peppermint candies onto lollipop sticks -- how easy is that??


I'm crazy about toffee..... and chocolate..... well, quite frankly I'm a little crazy about anything that involves sugar, but doesn't this Toffee Pretzel Bark from Brown Eyed Baker look divine?



Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy from Coffee at 3 is the end-all be-all for me. I swear I could eat the entire 8 1/2" x 11" pan of this stuff! YUUUMMMM!




And these Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows from A Southern Fairy Tale aren't so bad either. Goodness, I love the holidays!





Super easy and a crowd favorite, I think, is this White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn from Skip to My Lou.

OK, I'm stopping here. Sugar overload! I hope these treats give you some good ideas for homemade holiday gifts, and well, maybe an afternoon of sugary fun for you and the kids.

Photobucket