Catching Up...

I've been so busy lately with my new business that I neglected my blog a little. I think my kids would argue that I've neglected them a little, too. Macy even called a family meeting on Tuesday to discuss Mommy & Daddy's "busy-ness"! She was so sweet. Here's an excerpt from the meeting:


MACY: Mom, we're really glad that you've started your new business and we're really proud of you, but we don't feel like we're spending any time together anymore."

MOM: Macy, you're right. Mommy told you I would be crazy busy the 1st month and then things would settle down. It's only been 2 1/2 weeks, so just hang in there.

MACY: But MMMOMMMM! IT FEELS LIKE F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!!!

MOM: (Laugh) I know, Macy. When you're a kid and your mom is really busy it does feel like forever. But I promise I'll stop working after you get home from school and we'll do some special things together.


So we've spent the last few days after school getting her guitars fixed, eating desserts at Ms. Stacy's restaurant, going to the Guitar Shoppe for her first guitar lesson (which, by the way, I think was the highlight of her ENTIRE life!), eating at Chappy's after school, playing outside a little more, and a few other fun things. I can already tell they feel better. Whew! It's hard to be a mom -- sometimes it feels almost impossible to please them all!

So, back to the neglected blog... I'll catch you up on a few of the latest family facts. Madison and her dad went to the new Sports Academy store and bought a little toy archery set. By that afternoon, Madison was doing so well and was getting so obsessed with it that she & her dad went back to the store to buy the real deal. That's my Jonathan... he'll do just about anything to go back to a sporting goods store! But in his defense, he is also obsessed with his "bomb and arrow" (as Jacob calls it), and it's very exciting to him to find something he & Madison enjoy doing together. She spent most of the last weekend in the backyard hitting the target... and then, it happened... she hit the bullseye! Boy, was she ever on cloud nine!

And Jacob has all of a sudden been drawing like the left-handed little artist that he is!! I used to try all the time to get him to draw a person because Macy blew me away even before she was three by drawing her first person. It was a circle with eyes and a line for a mouth, 2 arms and 2 legs. I was amazed, and I still have the drawing. So when Jacob got to be about that age, I'd say, "C'mon Jakey, draw Mommy a person. Draw a circle, eyes, arms...." and he would look at me like I was looney.

So this week, he was sitting in my lap while I was on the computer working and he asked to draw. I took out some computer paper, gave him a pen, and didn't think very much of it. Then he says, "Mommy, I drew a monster." I took one look at it and couldn't believe what I was seeing! It was fantastic! Then he drew a man, and the next day he drew another monster for me. Take a look at these....














I don't know about you, but to me, that's impressive. And I had no idea! The profile of the man was shocking to me -- he's barely three!!! OK.... I'm biased.... I know.... it probably looks like chicken scratch to everyone else, but I'm his mommy and I think he's perfect.(well, sort of...)

Glad to be blogging again... I missed my old website!