Macy & Jacob's latest loves...

Macy's waited for over a year to take guitar lessons. They say you can't start until your eight but after MANY heartfelt and sometimes annoying pleas from her, I finally called the Guitar Shop and talked them into letting an almost 7 1/2 year old take lessons. She lucked out and got a great teacher.... they have many to choose from... and thank goodness, she got Wade -- a very patient young guy who loves to play guitar. The first week was rough... she whined and cried everyday about having to practice... about having to play with her opposite hand (Wade says that even though she's left-handed, she should play right... go figure!), and about the blisters on her little fingers. She was wearing me out with the fits. So the next week, I stayed around for the lesson, learned a little myself and now I know how to help her practice. And it hasn't hurt that I went ahead and bought her an amp to make the practicing a little more fun. Oh, I forgot to mention, she's playing Electric Guitar... not acoustic... so she's loving all the sound coming from that amp! I found her the other day out in the garage with her amp & her guitar... playing like the little rock-star wanna be that she is....
Jacob has been taking gymnastics at the Auburn Gymnastics gym with his friend Reese. It's a Mommy & me class but the teacher hasn't involved the mommies very much, so it's really just a "Reese & Jacob running around being crazy and swinging on the bar class!" He loves it! And I'm all for wearing that little bundle of energy out on Monday afternoons so he'll sleep a little longer! Here are a few pictures of the two of them....