Macy's Three Little Pigs Play

Whew, what a week! As you can tell I haven't been blogging, but I have been doing lots of other stuff. Mainly working, but alot of it is just marketing... designing business cards, flyers, etc. And I've also been trying to start a Christmas card business to go along with the blog design, but I've having LOTS of trouble finding a printer. IT IS SO EXPENSIVE TO PRINT CARDS! I finally found a site on the internet and I was so hopeful, but now it looks like they need a different file format than what Photoshop allows me to do.... Boring Stuff... I know, but needless to say, it's back to the drawing board for me on that front and I'm running out of time!! It's already October 4th! How does that happen? Wasn't it New Year's a few weeks ago???

So Macy's been busy, too, this week. A few days ago her "Shine Time" group at school put on a musical play of "The Three Little Pigs." Macy has turned out to be my more shy child, and I was surprised when Mr. Wilson gave her the part of the 3rd little pig (if you remember, the 3rd pig doesn't get eaten by the wolf, so there are a few more lines for that pig). She was excited, but I was a little nervous because she's always saying she is shy, she doesn't know how to talk to new people, etc. Well, guess what??? SHE WAS FANTASTIC!!

We've been practicing for a few weeks now at home. She always just reads her lines to me, so when she starting singing those lines at the actual performance I was shocked! And she sounded great! She projected her voice and wasn't shy at all. In fact, she was sort of the comic relief in the play. I am so proud of her, and now I hoping that she will get involved in more theater groups in Auburn.

I took some video but for some reason it was like a brilliant light from heaven was shining in the room. You could barely see anyone -- I have no idea what button I must have accidentally hit -- so here are a few photos instead. Keep in mind, it was a small production... just in Mr. Wilson's classroom... so there are no real backdrops or costumes. Mr. Wilson did, however, somehow talk Macy into wearing a pink shirt -- that's something I haven't seen her do in 3 years!!! You go Mr. Wilson!!

My baby in PINK again! I love it!

That is NOT a shy child!

Macy making the audience laugh with her antics

The whole cast after the show

Jacob was so proud of his big sister!

Photobucket