November.... all in one post!

With my favorite holiday coming up..... (Merry, Merry Christmas!) and a pretty big list of things I'd like to do with the kids and for friends and family this holiday, well, November was quite a month. It was really important to me for the month of December to be as stress-free as possible, so I decided to get as much done in November as I could.....
Call it circumventing the chaos. I made a plan..... prioritized.... and blogging fell way down on the list.

WAAAAAAYYYY down.

But I got so much done (yay me!)..... I've decked the halls, the walls, the mantles, the doors, the chandeliers.... well, you get the point. I've planned out lots of crafts to do with the kids for Christmas, and we've been working on them almost daily. I've cleaned out the attic to make room for the PLETHORA of Halloween paraphernalia I've accumulated. Laundry's caught up.... yes, even the ironing! Most of the gifts are bought, wrapped and hidden (double yay me!). I decided to make an advent calendar for the kids that I've been working on just about EVERY WAKING MOMENT, but it's really cute and I'm so glad I did it (I'll blog about that one later and show you some pictures). Oh yeah, I took Christmas card pictures (yes, for the second time -- this time with a different dog.... ugh!), designed the card (my favorite one ever), and I've gotten most of them in the mail or delivered around town. Whew, I'm tired just thinking about it all, but I'm telling ya.... I'm on the ball! It's a small miracle.

And now I'm ready to take off with Jonathan to Atlanta for the weekend for some much deserved R&R and a little Christmas shopping to boot. Mama needs a break after all that hard work.

So here it goes..... some of the last month all squished together in one post..... a few pictures for you all.....

Here's a cute picture of Charlie.... he's 6 pounds now....
about twice as big as when we got him a month ago.

This is one of those pictures you always forget to take.... the nightly ritual....
bathtime craziness around mom's silk curtains she made.....
I know.... I'm insane to let them do it, but they have so much fun in there.

And we've had some spend the night company..... Macy and Morgan, the best of friends

Jacob and friends at his Thanksgiving program at school

Now that's what a mama likes to see!

Here's Jacob letting Charlie meet his cousin, Otto, for the first time.

Those dogs had a ball playing together. I've never seen Charlie have so much fun!

Yes, that tiny little head is Jacob in the leaves at his
grandparent's house in Decatur over Thanksgiving

Papa Scott got those kids working, piling up all the leaves

Caleb, Madison & Jacob at Aunt Donna's house for Thanksgiving

Uhhhh, it was a teeny bit windy there in Florence

Let the Christmas crafting begin!

Holly, Julee, Stacy, Elizabeth, Heather and me at Elizabeth's 40th birthday bash

Here she is, the birthday girl, Elizabeth Garrett. 40's not looking too bad these days!
And yes, my dear friend, You WILL ALWAYS be cool.

Hey, we finally got a picture together of just me and you.
Look, I think you're still talking instead of posing..... I know you love to talk,
but come on, we need a good picture together!

Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You!
Hey, party girl.... is that a beer bottle in one hand and a glass of wine and a cell phone in the other??? Does 40 make you the consumate multi-tasker or what?

Madison teaching Jacob to pump his legs..... we're all getting a little tired of pushing.
It's time to teach that boy a little physics!

Goofball 1.... Jacob MUST act silly during every picture taking session.
It's a rule that must not be broken.

Goofball 2

Goofball 3

Goofball 4... alright, I'll stop there, but there were many, many more!

Daddy and Jacob practicing for the majors

And there's been a whole lot of this going on this month. We've been making lots of keepsake ornaments for each of the kids' trees. It's so important to me that they all have ornaments that they've made themselves to show their own children one day. (Yeah, I'm a goofball, too)

Macy working on one of her Christmas ornaments

And a few more projects....

And this past weekend we did our other ritual.... getting our tree the Sunday after Thanksgiving, just like we did 15 years ago for the first time the day after our first date. See, he's goofy too. We're holding up 15 fingers for those 15 years. Yee-hah, that's quite an accomplishment!

Gotta run now, but here's to wishing that we all have a stress-free month, full of family, friends and laughter, and of course, may we all remember the true gift of Christmas..... the gift of our Lord and savior.
Photobucket