Our Christmas Card

Lots of people have been asking if I'm designing Christmas cards this year. I wish that I could say yes, but for many different reasons, I decided not to this year. The printer I was using went up pretty dramatically on my cost.... I would have to go to a lesser quality paper and printing format in order to keep the price the same. Then the more I thought about it, well, the money I would make wouldn't make up for the time spent away from the kids in this all important Christmas season. I decided to focus on them, make lots of fun projects for them and really appreciate the magic of the season instead of adding more stress to it.

That being said, I really miss doing it.... I love designing, and I think Christmas cards are so important. They're a great way to stay in touch with those people we don't see very often and really.... who doesn't love a Christmas card? We all enjoy going to the mail box and seeing those sweet pictures of our friends' children. My own kids will practically knock each other over trying to get to the mailbox first! Not to mention, it forces all of us busy mommies to make the time to actually take a group shot of our kids. Without those some of us would never have a picture of all of our kids together. So HOORAHHHH to Christmas cards.... I hope all of you will keep sending them.

I thought I'd share ours this year for those of you who may not have received one... I try to remember everyone, but sometimes there's an address or two that I can't find. And I wanted to share just because I love this one so much. I've had so many people tell me how much it moved them (a Christmas card!!). I even had one friend call me and tell me it brought tears to her eyes. How sweet.



The front of the card
I loved this picture of the kids with Charlie.... this was from our second Christmas picture taking session. Unfortunately, when we decided to get a different dog I had to start all over with the picture taking. There for a moment I thought I'd just erase the old dog in Photoshop and add this new one. Joke.... I wish I were that good!




The inside of the card - a little celebration of the year - and a great year it was!




The back of the card
I thought about doing a beach Christmas card this year, but when we got the dog, I decided against it. So at the last minute I thought I'd just add some of our beach shots to the back of the card.

This one is definitely my favorite one ever.... keep sending those cards!!! We love receiving them.
Photobucket