Happy Birthday Jacob!

Wow, three years flies by fast! It's hard to describe how much happiness little Jacob has brought into my life since that day 3 years ago. From that hopeless time of the miscarriage before him, to the pregnancy from hell carrying him... sick as a dog, on home nursing care and more drugs than I've ever taken in my life, and contractions from 18 weeks on... to one of the most precious moments of my life... holding his perfectly formed little body in my arms for the first time. It was that feeling of pure bliss that is so rare in this life here on earth. I was in complete disbelief that he could be so perfect as much as we had gone through together. And I have thanked God every day since for the miracle he gave me.

Jacob brought a joy and a completeness into our family... Jonathan was so happy to have a boy, the girls were so happy to have a little brother and I was just happy to have him out! Pregnant no more!!! He truly makes me just want to grab him and kiss him all over everyday! He's cute as can be and he is so very funny -- he keeps us all laughing with his imitations of Macy's "break dancing" to his hip-hop "DJ" to his goofy faces and the cute things he says. I'm a lucky mama and I know it ... Thank you, Jacob, for making Mommy so very happy. I love you and Happy, Happy Birthday! (Click the 'X' if the slideshow stops)
After a crazy weekend of birthday celebrations for me, a trip to the aquarium, and a work-Sunday of building the pond, it was time to get Jacob's birthday party together. I've been working on it for weeks, but it's still a little difficult to pull it all together with 3 kids in tow. It was worth all the hard work, though. The kids had a great time and so did Jacob. He wanted a Bob the Builder party and it was crazy how hard it was to find Bob the Builder things these days. Thank goodness for the internet. We had a lego scavenger hunt where the kids helped Bob find the building blocks he needed for a job... we had a "dress the builder" relay where two teams of kids ran down to a box full of builder clothes, dressed the "builder" who were really Kate and Madison, and then ran back to tag the next runner. At the end, the builders had to run to the next area and build a tower of building blocks eight blocks high and use all their blocks. Then we had birdhouse painting, nailing into blocks (the nails were golf tees and the blocks were florist foam), and painting the stairs (the paint was really just water). It was a lot of fun. Afterward Jacob opened up his gifts and played all night with his new toys. Thanks everybody for coming and helping us celebrate our special little boy!

post signature