I'm SOOOOOOO Excited!!

Why you ask?????

Well, because my camera broke. The camera that I love.... I mean truly LOVE.... and that I hardly go anywhere without. Ca-put. And the camera doctor says it's not really worth the cost to fix it. So exactly why would that make me so excited? Well, in the beginning it didn't. And I've actually survived about 6 weeks now with only a crappy point and shoot. Sorry, for all of you out there with point and shoots, but really, once you've gone DSLR, you tend to become a little camera-snobby and you just can't go back.

So after many weeks of contemplating biting the BIG bullet.... buying a new DSLR..... new lenses..... new high-speed mega gigabyte SDHC cards to store all the mind-boggling amounts of digital info from that new DSLR....... Well, I finally did it.

And it was no small task. I've spent far too many hours researching.... talking to the experts..... reading every internet review comparing every new DSLR...... pouring over every issue of my PCPhoto magazine.... all in an effort to make the best decision in buying my new pride and joy. It's crazy expensive (well, to me, the cheap-skate anyway), and I don't want to make a mistake. I'll have this little baby for a long, long time.

So what did I decide? Well, it was reeeeeally a close call. I came within a breath of buying a Nikon D5000, but in the end, Canon's brand new EOS Rebel T1i 500D won my heart. Listen to this....... 15.1 megapixels, 3.0" 920,000 dot high-resolution screen, full HD video capture at 1920x1080 resolution, shoots 3.5 frames per second.... and on and on...... I'm so excited. It's ordered and in transit right now. And to make my life even better, I decided to dramatically upgrade my telephoto lens to the
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM. It's supposed to be fantastic. I can hardly wait to start snapping those pictures! Here are a few picture of the camera and lens and then some shots I uploaded taken with this same camera. I'm a lucky girl.... this may be my Christmas, anniversary and birthday presents for the next year but that's just fine with me!



You can click on each of these photos to get a high-resolution, larger view to really see the image quality



So now I can even take pictures of the moon! Well, maybe I'll just stick with pictures of the kids, but it's amazing what this little camera can do....... can't wait!!