Ohhhhhh, how I love Change!

Well, what do you think about the new and improved blog design??????????

I Love It!!!

Everytime I look at it, it makes me think of the R.E.M. song "Shiny, Happy People." And you know, that's fitting. Life has been pretty wonderful lately.... and I have a lot to be happy about. So I'm glad that that happiness is now reflected in my blog that I've grown to love so much.

However, that is NOT to say it wasn't a crazy amount of work.... I figure I have 40 hours or so in designing it now and I'm only about 75% done.... more tweaks and changes to come. It's just my nature (or maybe my sick compulsion).... I must do and re-do and do and re-do, no matter how much sleep I've lost, til I'm satisfied that I've done my best. That's how I learn -- trial and error..... it's the best way for me. And my, my.... how much I've been learning lately!

So now to the post...... my kids had their elementary school fundraiser yesterday. This year instead of the typical wrapping paper sales, restaurant nites, and of course, our annual Spring Fling fundraiser, the school opted to let a group from outside the school come in and handle it all for us. The Fun Run crew were like former college cheerleaders, getting the kids pumped up to get pledges for a 35 lap run held yesterday. The kids would call friends and family, ask for donations for each lap, and the school would rake in all the dough.

It was actually a GREAT concept.... so much fun for the kids.... the Fun Run Crew taught character building lessons, psyched the kids up every day to raise more & more money, it involved lots of exercise and parents came to cheer the kids on, too. What could be better for our children? And I have to say, as a former fund-raising psycho mom who would work tirelessly for months to raise each and every little dollar..... well, this is absolutely BRILLIANT!! The Fun Run Crew does the work and we all benefit.... with no countless hours of volunteer work. I hope it was a success economically for the school, but I KNOW it was a hit for all the parents and their kids. Great job Ogletree!!! Here's a slideshow from the race.......


Photobucket