Muscle shirts and mullets





















So, sadists as we obviously are, Jonathan and I take the whole family to Sam's and Target a few days ago to find a chair for Macy's new desk. Three hours and $600 later (with no desk chair in tow) we leave with almost nothing that we really need and almost everything that the kids want. I think I was lucky enough to get some blackberries or something. The kids, on the other hand, got nail polish, body lotion, a few toys, Madison got three new outfits, Jacob some shirts, Macy an outfit or two, a whole bunch of preservative-ridden snack food, and even new pajamas for the munchkins. And therein lies the issue...

Jacob had a fit over these horrible, hideous Incredible Hulk pj's. He kept calling them his "bad guy" pajamas. But the worst part was that the shirt was a muscle shirt -- you know, the really ugly kind without any sleeves. I HATE MUSCLE SHIRTS ON BABY BOYS! My other "son" -- Macy -- always wants muscle shirts so she can be "cool" like a boy. And I always say absolutely not! They immediately turn a sweet, cute child into a miniature redneck. If you ever see a little kid in one, they are usually sporting some kind of mullet as well. Now I'll concede, for older boys they are alright -- still not my favorite, but acceptable. But not for little ones.

So, anyway, Jonathan thought they were awesome so, of course, we buy them. Jacob just couldn't wait to get home to wear them. And what do you know, it's been 4 days and he's barely taken them off. Even changing his diaper sends him into a raging, panicky fit. It's his new uniform. And I have to admit, they are kind of cute on him -- especially when he roars and proudly shows his muscles. But then, I've told you before, I'm a little biased when it comes to Jacob. He could be cute in anything!

post signature