The Dog Days of Summer... yup, I'm the dog

Summer sucks!

No, really, it only sucks part of the time. There are those times when it's great to wake up a little later, to not HAVE to be somewhere at a certain time, to not have homework and projects, to spend a little more time with the kids... Did I really just say that?

See, that's the problem, the kids. I love them, don't get me wrong. But they're driving me completely insane. And heaven help me, but it's only the second week!!! I miss my friends. I know they haven't really gone anywhere, but it's just so darn hard to get together with any of the them. We procreated WAY too much! I have this theory that we all built these houses back here because our families are so large, we had all grown out of our old ones. You're like a freak of nature around here if you've only got two kids. So, now, it's impossible to get together without a hundred kids around us at all times.

The pool sounds like a great meeting place, but my gosh it's like a Jonas Brothers concert there are so many of them! And they are all yelling and screaming and thrashing around. It's very hard to concentrate and almost impossible to have an adult "mommy" conversation. Even my ritualistic early morning phone calls to "my girls" are in danger. Either I don't have time because I'm making breakfast, cleaning up after the little heathens, or if I am on the phone, one of the kids has picked up another receiver unbeknownst to me and they're listening in. I had hoped my kids would learn about the birds and the bees later, alone with me, with the right book in hand to explain it all -- not from eavesdropping on me and my friends!

So, summer is a little tougher than I thought it would be. I had such high hopes!!! Maybe I've just hit rock bottom, and there's nowhere to go from here but up.

I'm just seeing way too much of this...














And not nearly enough of this...














And what I'd really like to see is a little more of this...




Alright, I already feel better. Venting -- it's the key to a happy mommy. Tomorrow's a new day. Hopefully I'll have a new attitude to go along with it.

post signature