Jacob-isms...





(If you click on the picture with all the paci's above, you'll see the little "trick" Jacob can do...)

Being 2 years old, Jacob is always saying the cutest things, so I thought I'd share a few so I won't forget them...

When I was at the beach with the girls, Jonathan was, of course, home taking care of the kids. As with most moms, I am the "go-to" person at our house for everything. Even if Jonathan is at home and standing right next to me, all three kids are saying, "Momma, I want... Momma, she's hitting... Momma, he just kicked... Momma, watch this... Momma..." -- you get the point. Well, Daddy is not used to all that attention. So when I was gone and Jacob had said "Daddy" for the one-thousandth time, Jonathan got very frustrated and said, "Jacob, DO NOT SAY DADDY ONE MORE TIME TODAY!!!" Jacob got his feelings hurt, he looked down with a big pout on his face and after a few seconds he looked up and said, "Mr. Jonathan, I hungry. Can I have some dinner?" Cute, huh?

The other day we went to the pool with the whole family. Jacob and the girls played hard for an hour or so, and then he got out and curled up on the lounge chair. After a while, Jonathan said, "Jacob, don't you want to get back in the pool?" Jacob said, "No, Daddy, it's too watery."

A few days ago Jacob wanted cereal in the middle of the afternoon before dinner, and I told him he couldn't have any. He got really angry with me and in his best "mean" voice he said, "I don't like you anymore!" Being a mother of three with one who is now nine years old, I've become accustomed to the occasional mommy diss. It just doesn't faze me anymore, so I say, "That's OK Jacob, Mommy still loves you." To which he says, "I only like Mic-Mic. I don't like you!" So, now every time he gets mad at me for telling him "No," that's his reply. My mom is loving it!

Yesterday I was working on the computer and Jacob came out of the bathtub and was playing around my chair with no clothes on. I said, "Jacob, do you want to sit with Mommy?" And he says, "No, I too naked. I can't sit on you."

I wish I could remember them all... I just love the way 2 year olds think.

And by the way, I'm still in my pajamas.

post signature