David -- I just knew you could do it!!!


Just because I was sick last week does not mean I missed AI. Even if I were vomiting I'd still watch. I do have my DVR, you know. I'm just late in blogging about it.

My prediction from the very first Hollywood show is very, very close to coming true!! David Cook -- you rock! I have had faith in you from the beginning, and with the small exception of that one horrible song choice -- you know what I'm talking about... DuranDuran... (what were you thinking???) Anyway, it's forgiven -- and I was still in your corner even when you had your momentary lapse of reason.

Here it goes, the lowdown... Roberta Flacks' "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" was a great pick, Simon. And I agree, first round goes to Cook & Cowell. The problem with Idol is that the songs are so short. I'm always left wanting more from Mr. Cook -- give me more, David! Second song -- Switchfoot's "Dare You to Move" -- another great song -- somewhat disappointing though. A little pitchy, as they say... I think you're just a little run down. Get some rest. I won't hold it against you though. Third song -- "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing." Fantastic. The violins were a great touch. I swear you could sing the fine print in a real estate contract and you'd have me calling you a genius. If you can make me like "Billie Jean", you can do just about anything.

So, David, now it's time to bring it on -- show them all whose boss... send little, baby David back to Disney World where he belongs. He can sing wonderful, heartfelt ballads for all the up and coming Disney blockbusters -- maybe they'll even let him ride a float in a parade -- with a costume! You, my dear, however, will be making rockin' cd's, burning up the radio waves and making me turn up the volume even louder to drive my kids insane! Just wait and see. Let's just make sure you check in with some stylists and hair people before you hit the big time. That hair has got to go... Voice, good. Hair, bad.

So, buh-bye Syesha. I wish it were buh-bye little David, but with all the teens in the world and their collective army of cell phones, there's just no way. So it's David C. vs. baby David. Get your fingers ready everyone... Tuesday night... dial... repeat... dial... repeat. Let's win this one for the over 30 crowd. We'll show everyone once and for all that teens don't rule the world! Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers and all the rest of that crap that my kids go ga-ga over... BE GONE! Rock is back.

(Sidenote: My 9 year old is now standing beside me and very angry with me for dissing baby David. She wants you all to know that she really does love him -- really -- like crazy, she says... oh, yeah, and that he's not a baby.)

post signature