Mother's Day

This was not quite the mother's day we had in mind. Jonathan had been on a fishing trip for 4 days and came back on Saturday afternoon to spend time with us. Not even 4 hours later he became very, very, horribly ill. I have never heard anyone that violently sick (except for maybe that time in New York when I got food poisoning when I was 7 1/2 months pregnant with Macy -- remember that babe?). Anyway, I felt awful for him, and he was up most of the night, so needless to say he wasn't up for the Mother's Day celebration. We had planned on going to church and then to the club to eat with mom and the kids, so mom & I went without him. Then she stayed over for a while and the kids played Wii and we set up the waterslide. My kids wrote me the sweetest notes -- I'll keep them forever! I scanned them in for you to see (they actually wrote 5 or so each, but these were my favorites).

Did you read that? I'm the "bom" -- that's first grade for "You're the Bomb." How sweet is that?

The second note is from Madison. You've just gotta love the "useful" part! The notes cracked me up, but it's also really humbling to know how much they really do love and appreciate me. I am so, so, so very blessed.

Here are some more pictures from the weekend. I hope you all celebrated your own relationships as mothers and daughters and sons. There is nothing I'd rather be in this world than the mother of these three children!







post signature