It's Contagious!!!

I confess. It's been a very long time since my last blog. All Haides broke loose in our house last week, and I just haven't had the time.

First, as you know from my last post, Jonathan had what we thought was food poisoning last weekend. But, oh no, it couldn't just be food poisoning -- we couldn't possibly be that lucky. It turns out it was the DREADED stomach virus! I got sick Monday night... then Madison woke up at about 5:00am the next morning and climbed in bed with me saying she was about to throw up. And that's how the day began. Next came Jacob after school. Projectile vomit everywhere. There's only one thing worse than having a stomach virus -- being a mom with a stomach virus and having to clean up after all your kids who also have stomach viruses! So, we spent the next few days out of school, feeling awful, and not getting ready for our trip to the beach.

Wednesday I did feel better but I was sooooo behind in laundry and errands and schoolwork that I had to kick it into overdrive to get us packed up and out the door Thursday. And then it rained the first two days we were there! How I ever thought it would be fun to take the kids to the beach when Daddy couldn't go with us, I'll never know... but Saturday it was absolutely gorgeous and we played on the beach all day. Well, except for the few hours we went to eat lunch... then had car trouble and had to beg a man in the parking lot to jump me off. Here I am... in a bathing suit with my 3 kids stranded -- his wife did not seem to appreciate it at all, but he did help and I will be forever grateful. I think one of the kids had left the light on in the car the night before, and the engine just wouldn't turn over at all when we were leaving the restaurant. Anyway, we made it back to the beach and stayed out until about 6:00pm. There's just no place like Destin -- I love it.

The kids really enjoyed the bunk beds in their room, and they especially loved having their own pool in the backyard. But I was very ready to get back home... And boy what a homecoming it was... Jack, would you like to share with us all about your weekend?

Tell us again exactly why you dyed your hair??? An 80's party? Really...

So you dyed it just for a party. Miami Vice... Don Johnson... really... Looked a little more like Billy Idol to me. The streaks were especially effective. You crack me up -- I'm not sure I've ever met anyone that determined to have a good time at a party! Permanently dying your hair. Well, I wish you luck at the beauty shop tomorrow. I'm sure she'll fix you up good as new!




post signature