Rock is Back!!!!


You know, things usually do work out the way they're supposed to. I have to say, last night when Ryan announced the winner on AI, I had already resigned myself that my David just might not pull through. The judges reviews were sooooo biased toward Disneyworld Dave... but then, right there at the end, he says, "David.........Cook!" I'll admit it -- this wave of pure bliss came over my body -- I was so happy for him! I jumped up and danced! My kids thought I had lost it.

Crazy, I know, I'm not even much of a TV watcher, and the show is really cheesy. But isn't it great to know that there is talent out there that would have never been discovered if it weren't for the amazing minds (and very fat wallets) behind Idol. DC was a bartender for heaven's sake! Everybody loves a contest -- and what could be better than for us, the viewers, to determine the outcome. Brilliant.

I have been faithful to David from the beginning. He just really struck something in me. His voice is so emotional and powerful... passionate. Did you play the You Tube video above? Are you listening to it now? "Always Be My Baby"... Mariah Carrey for goodness sake... and listen to what he does with it! The way he can alter even the most dated song and make it modern -- "Billie Jean" was unbelievable. His CD couldn't come out soon enough -- IWANTITRIGHTNOW!!!

And thanks to all of my friends who dialed 1-800-IDOLS-01. I was trying single-handedly to vote enough times to put him over the top, but by about 11:30pm, lying in bed (in the dark), I was still hitting redial... and can you believe this? My husband got so angry with me for dialing past bedtime he told me to hang up the (mother bleeping!!) phone! The man obviously doesn't understand my passion.

So, Imagineers... get that float ready -- Baby Dave will be there soon... singing ballads at the castle. Just make sure he's not driving the float -- you know he always has his eyes closed when he sings! And more importantly, let's get those hair people in ASAP -- Rocker David's going to be getting a lot of press in the next few weeks and he's seriously follicly challenged.


post signature