2008.... What a Long, Strange Trip it's Been

So the kids are back at school... Finally! We've had a great Christmas break... full of lots of family and fun but now it's time for some structure... for them and for me!

First things first... reflecting on the last year -- a memorable one, but to tell you the truth, it's been a really tough one. So many obstacles.... so many hard times... sometimes it felt like I needed a suit of armor to protect myself. Opening up some old, deep wounds, soul-searching.... trying to get resolution to long-held questions, being hit with crises from out of nowhere that we never thought we'd see, challenges with children, struggles in relationships... at times it was almost too much to handle. I will gladly say goodbye to 2008, but I am so very grateful for it. I am a very different person now than I was one year ago. Pain is such a catalyst for change... and I have changed in many ways from the inside out. That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

So I head into 2009 with a renewed sense of optimism... so many things will change this year and I have every hope that it will be change for the good. I have wrestled with God and His plans for me so much of this year... I finally am realizing that I do just need to trust in that plan... take a deep breath and just go with it.

I looked back over pictures from the last year this morning, and oh how it made me smile. Even through the worst of times, there still have been some really good times. Take a minute if you will and enjoy some of our year in pictures...


































And through it all, keeping me strong is the love and support of friends and family -- what would I do without you guys??? Thank you for keeping me laughing even through the tears! Gotta go put my Nike's on and run straight into 2009... see ya there!


Photobucket