9 going on 19...

She's growing up.

Madison, that is. Everyday it's playing in makeup... talking about boys... talking on the phone... and yes, of course, these little high-heel babies. The ones she wears every chance she gets -- YIKES!!!

She's my baby. How can this be??? I brought her home from the hospital just the other day... right? I took her around that room... filled with all the things I had made for her.... the pillows, the crib bedding, the clouds on the ceiling, and all those tiny little diapers. How in the world can she be in fourth grade???

This morning I even heard the phrase I've been dreading... "But Mom... every girl in my class has a cooler coat... I can't wear this!" She was upset because her Northface was in the washer wet and I had to find her old coat... you know, the one with no name brand. YIKES again! I tried to tell her that her coat had nothing at all to do with being cool... cool is your attitude... people like you for you, not your coat. But I have a feeling in went in one ear and straight out the other.

Lord, help us... help us raise these girls to be exactly who they are... exactly who they need to be for themselves, not for others. How do I teach my children that when it took me so long to learn it??? And at times I think I'm still learning it. Why exactly don't they give us an instruction manual for raising kids? If anyone has one... Please let me borrow it!

Photobucket