Jacob feels like a woman... what???

The other night we sit down on the floor for "family game night" and start up the game of Life. Jacob, who of course, can't play himself got the job of spinning for daddy on his turn. So Macy takes her turn, then it's time for Dad.... Jacob is playing with Spiderman and not paying a bit of attention to the game. We all say, "Jacob, it's your turn... spin the wheel." He looks up, smiles, and says, "Man, I feel like a woman."

HUH???? And we all start cracking up!

And then I remember.... he had just gone to my mom's to spend the night. When she picked him up, she had the Shania Twain CD blaring in her car.

I think he got the words down just right on that 45 minute trip to Mic-Mic's house!


Then Madison last night sees a Coke commercial on TV. She says, "Oh, Mom, I don't EVER want to drink Coke again!"

I'm surprised because Coke is one of those things my children always ask for but I don't give in. The rule is... no Coke for children... there's no need for kids to drink Coke -- the only time I let them have it is when we're eating out. So I ask her, "Madison, why not?"

And she says, "Well, you KNOW there's a secret ingredient in Coke. Me and my friends think it's worms, so we've decided we're never gonna drink Coke again!"

OK... that works for me... worms in Coke. One less battle with my nine year old. Yippee!



Photobucket