It's a No Go to the Amazon...


Madison took this picture of us the other night on our back porch. She's really gotten into using my camera -- she acts like she's some professional photographer, taking one shot after another, moving around while she does it, and changing the camera back and forth from vertical to horizontal. It's kind of funny to watch her, and it's nice to finally have some pictures of me & Jonathan. I think I went years with just a picture or two taken of me. It must be a mom's curse... we're always taking the pictures so it looks like we didn't exist! And we are the glue that holds everything together, right? At least that's what Jonathan tells me when he's in a really good mood...

Speaking of Jonathan... he didn't take his trip to the Amazon! Yippee! I dreaded that trip the first time he was supposed to go in November, and then it was cancelled for weather. So after rescheduling for January, we were sure he was going this time, but the phone call came about a day and a half before he was leaving -- bad weather... can't go.

Now don't get me wrong... I do want him to be happy, and we all know how much he loves to hunt and fish... but 10 days in the jungles of the Amazon for Peacock Bass... I don't know. I wasn't loving the idea... especially of him flying into the rainforest on a very small plane, landing on a strip that was nothing more than a few trees cut down and dirt. Yes, you heard me right.... a dirt landing strip.

After the fire fighting we did on New Year's, I feel like I've had enough excitement for one month. Did I ever tell you that story? The fire we started at my mom's shooting fireworks? I'll save it for another day, but let's just say we were five minutes from it getting completely out of control, catching the entire field and therefore houses on fire... I never thought I'd be stomping on 3 foot flames surrounding me, but you gotta do what you gotta do.... How did I get off on that tangent? Anyway, I'm very happy JP is here with us and not swimming with the piranha!

Photobucket