Shower for Baby Deen!!!


This weekend was soooo fun!!!!!!!!! I just got back from Savannah where I helped host a baby shower for my dear dear friend Brooke who is pregnant with her second little boy! She and I go way back and it was so fun to spend a couple of days with her and my other bestie, Merey (sans children!!).

Let me just tell you about this shower!!!!!

Held at Paula Deen's house, this shower was BEAUTIFUL!!! Her house is unbelievably gorgeous, decorated to a tee and really provided a perfect location for this celebration. Flowers filled the rooms and not only looked amazing but filled the air with a beautiful scent.

The food...y'all! It was beyond words!!!! D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!!! I filled my plate 12 inches high with an assortment of brunch foods from crab quiche to french toast casserole. It was divine! (and I'm sure everything was under 100 calories) ;)

Here are some pictures of the day, starting off with the cake of course!!!! I had a lot of fun making this one mostly because I really love how the little gumpaste jungle animals turned out. I especially loved the monkey...I think he was voted most popular at the shower. ;)`










Cake pops with fondant animal print circles
S'more pops!

















As favors we gave out cupcakes in little clear boxes.























I just love the printables that Jemma from Iced Jems made for me. She has a great website with free printables! Check it out if you get a chance. She also made this cute sign to direct guests to sign the guest book.

The hostesses Paula, myself and Merey, with the beautiful guest of honor, Brooke, in the middle...and the sweet big brother Jack on the end! Paula and Jamie hard at work in the kitchen. Can you imagine any better treat than having the Deen's cook for you!?!? I mean really!?

Caramelized bacon....O-M-G!!!!!!!!!!!! YUM!























French toast casserole cookin' in the oven. The smells coming from this kitchen were out of control!!!!!
Quite the food spread!

And dessert...cake, cake pops and s'more pops!! :)
Look how cute these shirts are! A sorority sister of ours made these. She has a monogram business and has the CUTEST creations!