Trading Spaces -- Office Edition

I've been a little busy this past month. Jonathan's new job is going great... it's a joy to see him take on this enormous challenge and thrive in his new work environment. He's been out of town alot... meeting with clients all over Alabama and pursuing new relationships at all his Wachovia branches. The only real down side in the beginning was his new office space. It was devoid of any decoration, white and well, just plain boring, and he really didn't like going to work there.

So that's where I came in.

I told him I'd try to help him make it a little more enticing for him to go to work everyday. He said, "Great, but I need it done by Monday." Well, it was Thursday. That didn't leave a whole lot of time.... and that's when I decided to pull a "Trading Spaces - Office Edition" on him. I went to Montgomery the next day, scoped the place out and started my wheels 'a turning. I formulated a plan, started shopping -- quickly!! Then then next day I packed up the car with ladders and paint and brushes and the rest and got to work. By Sunday afternoon I was done. I painted the office, bought frames, bought artwork, bought a plant, a lamp, a table, and found a rug -- oh, and made the curtains. It was quite a weekend!

But he was so happy with it, and I was so very happy to help and make it a place that he would really enjoy working in. So here it is.... the before's and after's....

This was the first rug I bought that I ended up taking back

Here it is with a little color on the walls

Here's the shot of when you walk in the office (and yes, I know I need to fill those frames with family photos.... it was a whirlwind weekend and I didn't quite get around to that one)

Here's the rest of the office. We took two chairs from an adjacent office to use temporarily.
That's where the chairs from Scott's will now go.

Madison, Macy and Jacob came to help us finish up on Sunday... they all loved it!

Photobucket