I love my kids!

Mama's sick.... really sick.

A couple of days ago I started feeling a sore throat coming on and probably took too much time getting to the doctor. By the time I did, it was full blown strep and I felt AWFUL. Fever, chills, and the very worst sore throat. I felt like a kid again.... needing help, sucking on popsicles and dreading every painful swallow my body forced on me. My head has felt like an army of little men were inside hammering on my skull. My neck is so stiff and every time I move it hurts all over. I've been pretty miserable. (Alright... I'll stop whining now!)

And to top it all off, Jacob has been home all week with a fever, runny nose and a cough so as the mama, I had to take care of him too. Yet that's exactly what brought me to my computer for this post today.

I love my kids. Really, really love them.

As bad as I've felt this week, I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed spending this time with Jacob. Being sick forced me to just sit still and in that stillness I found myself just staring at that little boy in amazement. I love him.... his cute little smile, his passion for Transformers, his ability to create things with legos that only 5 and 6 years olds should be able to do, the very loud songs he makes up and sings in the shower, his sweet infectious laugh, and of course all the cuddling he's let me do with him this week.

We've pretty much just laid in bed together the past couple of days. Me, Jacob and his Ninja Turtles. We make quite a team. We take naps together, eat popsicles together and then if we're really feeling like we need a change of scenery, we take a bath together to pass the "sick-time" away. I've hurt from head to toe, but somehow I've enjoyed this time... he's made it all OK.

And my girls, too, have been pretty wonderful. They aren't used to seeing mama quite like this. I'm not usually ever sick, so they've helped out a lot, entertained themselves and sometimes they all come into the bed and we bond with some American Idol on TV.

So if this being sick made me slow down a bit and really look at my children..... see how wonderful they are and realize how fleeting these days are..... well, then I'm glad I got sick.

I missed a birthday dinner for Weatherly last night that I helped plan and I was really sad about that, but all in all, feeling bad has been a blessing. And it also helps me remember just how much TLC we as mom's need to give our kids when they aren't feeling well. Kind words and caring touches mean a lot when you're feeling bad. Just this morning I went to Facebook and saw all the sweet get well messages I've received.... just those little gestures make such a difference. Thanks to all of you for your kind words!! And I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Weatherly!!! Sorry I missed you guys last night.

Photobucket