Jacobian Funnies

Yep, that's my boy.... in his big sister's pink panties. My cross-dressing son in his Auburn jersey and his little girl underwear. Well, what do ya do?? I choose to laugh.

That boy is always making me laugh. I love this age. Just about everything three year olds do is cute.... well, except for the tantrums, of course. Today he said, "Mommy, I really want another tornado to come." And my reply was, "well, Jacob, why in the world would you want another tornado to come to our house???" He said, "Because I REEEEEEALLY want it to snow again."

Guess you have to live in Alabama to get that one but he's quite observant. A few weeks ago we had a tornado on Saturday and woke up to a snow-filled lawn on Sunday. He must think that's the only way to get to play in the snow.... you have to suffer through sitting in the closet with your parents telling you to HUSH!! and having pillows all around and on top of you, riding out the tornado warning.

A couple of days ago Jacob and I had some snacks.... mine was Cheerios and his was pudding.... and afterward I told him it was time to take a nap. I went to my room to lie down with him (yes.... I'll admit.... I'm doing exactly what I said I would NEVER do.... but it's the ONLY way to get him to take a nap and believe me.... I'll take 10 minutes of faking that I'm asleep if I get 1 1/2 hours of peace anytime!!) Anyway, he's going through this anxiety about me leaving him so he gets in my bed, making sure he's holding onto one of my hands with his and he's got his other arm wrapped all the way around me and we're lying face to face, nose to nose. I immediately close my eyes (to convince him that there's no more talking.... just sleep from this point forward) and as he's drifting off I hear him very sleepily & dreamily (is that a word???) say, "Mama, you smell like Cheerios." To which I replied, "Jacob, you smell like pudding." He never opened his eyes but he kissed me and the next thing I knew he was snoring. I couldn't help but smile. That's just his effect on me... he always makes me smile.

Then yesterday he wouldn't go to sleep without his lunch plate that he hadn't finished eating. Yes, I gave in..... really, what's more important.... clean sheets or a little "me" time for mommy?? So I let him take the plate of chicken nuggets and a whole peeled banana to bed.... I do my "fake sleep" routine.... hear him snoring and then do the normal drill.... open my eyes and sneak VERY cautiously out of the bed. I turn to look at him, and he looked so cute... chicken nugget in one hand.... banana in the other...... sound asleep. Sound. They were like his security blankets or something. So I go over to carefully pry his little fingers off the food and he sits straight up and says, "NO, MAMA!" He takes the food back, gripping it tightly in his little hands, somehow comforting himself and proceeds to snore again..... content as can be.

His latest thing is, "Mom, did God make that?" It seems like 15 times a day he asks me that question. He understands that God made us, but he's having a little trouble understanding how if we bought the candle at Hobby Lobby, how in the world did it really come from God. Maybe some of you out there can help me explain that one to him. Oh well, until then, I'll keep trying.


Photobucket