Macy's Birthday Party

Can't believe it's here already.... Macy's 8th birthday!! Do all mom's do this every year.... the "I can't believe she's this old" thing? Well, she is and I was really happy this year to not be working on a "mega-party" at the house like I usually do. Nope... this year Macy said she wanted a Shakey's party -- HOORAY!!! And it was good timing, too. With the strep I had last week there is no way I would have ever pulled together a party at the house.

All Macy really wanted for her birthday was for her best friend Laura to spend the night and play. My strep kind of put a kink in those plans so Sunday before the party, we invited Laura over. They've been the best of friends since they were three but haven't seen each other in a while since they're at different schools now. Macy tells me EVERY, EVERY day how much she misses Laura. It must be mutual because Saturday they were on the phone for 2 hours! Yes, two.... and they're only in 2nd grade. I can't imagine what kind of sign that must be for what's to come when she's a teenager.

Laura & Macy playing at the house

The gang in the car on the way to the party

Thomas & Tyler... it seems they always take pictures like these...

Kate, Elizabeth Ann & Madison

Macy & Mommy

Tyler... the big winner!

Anna, Wheeler, Kate, Stuart Scott, Morgan & Justin taking a pizza break

Happy Birthday to You!!

Tyler & Emma

Morgan, Macy & Laura -- Macy's Best Girlfriends

Kate & Madison hogging Deal or No Deal

Madison hit the Jackpot!

Stuart Scott, Wheeler & Justin acting like goofballs...

Heather & Stuart Scott

Elizabeth Ann

Macy blowing out the candles

The mama's and the papa's

Yes... ANOTHER Spongebob cake... I'm hoping by next year she'll be grown out of this one...

Jacob, Macy, Mommy & Madison

Macy opening the one present she wanted from us.... Lego Batman Wii..... Sorry Elizabeth!!

Macy & the presents from her friends....

Macy and her "boyfriend" Owen

OK, now here's the funny part. Macy has known this little boy Owen for 3 years since they sat next to each other in kindergarten. Owen is a character.... cool... fun... has older siblings and they're all into music and play guitar and drums. Even in kindergarten his hair was a little "surfer-ish".... long in the front and hanging into his eyes.

Well, Owen had a crush on Macy from the first day of school.... she however, would just roll her eyes every time he would declare her his girlfriend. Yet, by the end of the year, I think little Owen had grown on Macy a bit and she talked about him all the time. Then in first grade they went to different schools. Ever since, Macy talks about him almost every day. "Mom, I miss Owen. I want Owen to come over and play. Do you think he still likes me?" But the playdates are few and far between and we really don't see him much anymore. So when it came time for her birthday party, she definitely wanted to invite Owen.

I noticed at the party they weren't spending a lot of time together so when we got in the car I said, "Macy, how was it seeing Owen again?" And she had a funny look on her face and said, "Weellllllllll.... he asked me if I still liked him and I didn't answer and just walked away."

I couldn't believe it.... she talks about him ALL the time. But in the back of my mind I knew what was coming next. I said, "Well, Mace, what did you think of how he looks now?"

She said, "Well, he came up to me later and said, 'Macy, do you still want to be my girlfriend?'

So I said, "What did you say?"

Macy said, "I told him, 'Cut your hair and we'll talk.'"

I couldn't have laughed any harder. I gave her a high five and thought to myself.... this little girl is going to have no problem dealing with the boys later on in life. I told her I was proud of her.... he did need a haircut!!



Photobucket