Back to School Brunch...

Yeah!!! Hooray!!! Yippee Yay Ay! It's the first day of school! Two weeks ago I was sad summer was ending... the stress-free days of waking up late and not having to be anywhere were nearing an end... my time at home with the kids was almost done. And then I woke up one day and thought... hmmmmm.... no more fighting... no more, "I'm bored!," no more "We don't want Jacob to play with us!," and no more trudging through the grocery store with three kids in tow. I can actually do a project without being interrupted 1,000 times! I can go to lunch with my friends! And all of a sudden I was over the funk... no more sadness... I could almost taste the sweet freedom of being alone... all alone for a few hours a day! And then I couldn't wait for this day to come!

So in celebration of this momentous event, me, Julee & Holly decided to have a mommy brunch with all of our friends. After we took the kids to school this morning we came back to my house, baked a few casseroles, made a few pitchers of mimosas and waited for the doorbell to ring. Everyone came with smiling faces and good news about their children's first day of school. I think we all will miss these days of leisure with no homework, carpools and after school activities, but it sure was nice to talk to grownups without being yanked on or having to break up a fight! Being able to finish a conversation with a friend is a true luxury to a mom, and today was one of those rare times that we got to do just that. Thanks everyone for coming -- I had a great time seeing you all!


post signature