Macy's Music Theater Performance

I am so glad to report that Music Theater Camp actually turned out to be alot of fun for Macy. She really enjoyed it and couldn't wait to go every day. I think she may have just conquered her fear of doing something without knowing anyone there -- YIPPEEEEEE! Macy is such a sweet child and usually gets along with all kinds of people, yet she's been a little shy in the last few years and never seems to want to try anything new..... especially when she doesn't have a friend with her. But not this week..... she walked right in there and said to the little girl sitting next to her, "Hi, my name is Macy. What's yours?" And from there she made a few new friends....... I just can't believe she finally took my advice! I've been telling her for so long...... it's just THAT easy..... just say, "Hi!"

And I'm also glad to report that once they got rid of the 89-year-old woman singing in the background, the kids sounded pretty good and the music was much more enjoyable than that CD we've been practicing to all week. Macy may never be a soloist, but she learned so much this week about working together as a team and most of all she had FUN -- lots and lots of fun. She now says she wants to sign up for theater in the fall. I can't tell you how happy I am to see my girls finally liking some activities they try. Here are a few pictures..... I didn't take alot because just before the performance, the director said NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY and I couldn't get my flash to turn off.

Macy performing "Consider Yourself" from Oliver

The kids taking their bows

They sure do love each other

The gang after the show

JP and me watching our little baby sing her heart out

And of course he's got to throw one of these in!

Photobucket