Mama's having a good week.....

Wow, this has been a great week so far! I now hate to admit why.....

My oldest went off to camp yesterday and my middle one is at Bible school every morning this week.....

WAIT!!
Before you think I'm horrible, please let me explain......

I have this theory that my kids are at their best when one of them is out of the house.... if Madison is spending the night with a friend, life is pretty peaceful around here...... if Macy is away at camp, Madison is super sweet and helpful..... even when Jacob is spending the night with my mom, things are much more enjoyable. Why is that? I know they really DO love each other...... I think it's just the change..... Jonathan and I both like change..... maybe our kids' inherited that gene we both share, I don't know. But whatever it is, it SURE has been nice! It's just so easy to take off and go to the pool when Macy gets home from Bible school, or to run a few errands with just 2 kids. I told Jonathan last night, things went so smoothly yesterday it almost felt like I didn't have any kids!

But I do miss Madison, and of course I am wondering every second how camp is going..... is she meeting and making new friends.... did she get to the top of the rock wall.... how's the food..... any cute boys (YES! It's a co-ed camp)..... how are her roommates..... all those questions I want to know but can't find out right now. I know this experience will be just what she needs. I think she come home even more grown up and independent..... full of new experiences and knowing that she was able to conquer a few challenges all by herself without Mom & Dad. I hope so..... but as her mama I still worry if she's able to sleep at night without all of the warm comforts of home..... if she's wearing her sunscreen and drinking her water..... it's 100 degrees out there, you know! I guess that's what it's all about..... for both of us...... letting go a little. So I will, and I will trust that she can handle herself without me -- heck, she may handle herself BETTER without me!!

Here's a photo of her before she left yesterday...... all packed up and filled with anticipation about her week ahead

Isn't she cute???

(I guess for those of you who haven't been in my house, you're probably wondering if your eyes are playing tricks on you...... No, they're not. That IS a bear in the background. Fred's his name.... and he's got two brothers in Jonathan's hunting closet, too. Strange..... I know.... what can I say? I married an obsessed hunter.....)

Photobucket