Cow-tippin', uhhhhhhhh, I mean Fishing this Weekend

You ever been fishing on a farm? Of course, you say! Well, me too.

Next question.... you ever been fishing on a cattle farm? Well, NOW I can say I have.

Jonathan's client told us to come fishing on his farm this weekend after our day at DeSoto Caverns. This farm has been in his family for over 100 years, and he was a very kind, older man and wanted us to come enjoy it. Jonathan forgot to give me one tiny little detail....... it was a cattle farm.

So we follow the man in his truck out to the pond and as soon as we got to the gate..... what do you know? Cattle EVERYWHERE! Including a 1,600 lb bull! So what do you think happens when we park our car next to the pond? I'll tell you what happens.... those curious cows surrounded our car. I sat there for a second and thought, "I don't think I can do this." And then I said it out loud. Jonathan started laughing at me...... waaaayyy to much of a city girl, I guess. And I wasn't the only one..... the kids were a little worried, too -- at least I wasn't a complete whiny baby.

I did get out. And yes, I was a little freaked for the first few minutes...... the cows were inching closer and closer until they were nudging right against us. Mainly I was just worried about turning my back on that big ole bull, or worse, him coming up behind my 3 year old while he was fishing. But the curiosity soon wore out, and they were off grazing again....... well, that is until later when they decided to come have a drink and then proceeded to "loosen their load" a little in the pond. I looked at Jonathan and we both started cracking up....... then he said, "Aren't ya glad we're aren't taking these catfish home for dinner?"

Yuck!

And then all the donkeys decided to join us. Lots and lots of donkeys....... It was so much fun, and we caught 10 catfish in a little over an hour. So, I can honestly now say I'm over my fear of 1,000 lb cows surrounding me (not that I ever even knew that was a fear of mine!)

Here they are. I took this picture from my car window.......
with no zoom I might add..... they surrounded our car!

Here's little May-May trying her hardest to catch one,
meanwhile her sister caught four!

Madison with her first catch

Mama caught one, too

Panning for gold and gems at DeSoto

Getting dizzy

Yes, those are bathtubs we're racing in! Macy thought that was so much fun.

And worse, Jonathan and Madison were racing on toilet seats!

The kids especially loved these little paddle boats. They thought it was even better that the boats would get filled with water and they would be completely soaked!

And my personal favorite, spinning round and round like a hamster

The giant, blow-up slip and slide

That's a shot worthy of framing

We played a little putt-putt, too

Here we are watching the laser show in the cave

Macy feeling the drip-drip of water that created the caverns

The kids were fascinated with all the stalactites

It was a really great day -- you should go sometime and try it out.


Photobucket