Following in mommy's foot steps....

Today is my sweet husband's birthday!!!




Happy Birthday Brian!!!


With such a busy week behind me and a trip to Disney coming up he made me promise not to make him a cake. (I was relieved because I'm about all caked out!!!) But this morning sweet Bailey girl woke up and wished her daddy a happy birthday...then turned to me and whispered "I want to put the Goofy toy on daddy's cake".

Uh oh...don't have a cake!

Or do I??? :)

Yesterday we had Bailey's Fancy Nancy birthday party (pics to come) and the top tier of her birthday cake was not cut into...

So Bailey and I went downstairs while daddy and Livie watched Sunday cartoons. Bailey redecorated the cake. She chose the design and colors (b/c green and blue are daddy's favorite colors). She wanted to put Goofy on it b/c thats her daddy's favorite Disney character and of course, he is goofy! :) And she wanted to put an "8" on it b/c thats daddy's favorite number. (I swear she knows all her daddy's favorite things!) And since he is turning 38 it was definitely appropriate to put an 8 it! :)


She did everything herself...rolled the fondant, cut out the numbers, put them on the cake, rolled the "balls" of fondant and placed them on the cake. I loved watching her decorate with such confidence. She is great. One day she'll be my right hand girl...or shoot, maybe I'll be working for her!


So without further adieu, I present to you....


Daddy's Cake.

By Bailey Petronis

(so proud of herself!)



Forget breakfast in bed...around here its CAKE in bed!!!