Mail your Gift Card in an Altoid tin!

Just after Easter, I saw this cute idea on Cricket's Dashboard where she mailed filled plastic eggs to her nieces and nephews.  But not wrapped, just how they are!  I love it!!  And have been thinking of a way to do something like it without waiting until next year!



Cricket's Dashboard
Then I thought of the Altoid containers, like the one Alpha Mom made here!  She used hers for nuts and bolts with a tool case, but I know I've seen them as gift card holders floating around blogdom!


AlphaMom


So I made one for my MIL who lives out of state!  A gift card was looking like the most likely present...  And I'm going to just tape it up and mail it as is!


If you don't know how to make one of these snobby little gift card holders, it's so easy. Empty an Altoids tin and wipe it out.

The gift card JUST fits inside.


Then I made a little card to place inside.  I layered shredded paper, then the Mimi's Cafe card, then my card.  As you can see from the below picture, I also cut paper to fit the inside lid.  I don't have a picture, but I did it for the bottom of the box too.  Modge Podge worked fabulously to apply it.


I made the top card to act exactly as the label and I'm mailing it out tomorrow, so I'll let you know what it costs.  (But I can't imagine it'll be more than a couple dollars.)


But. 

That's not all!

We have a Mother's Day gift for you too!




This giveaway is open to everyone who is a Mother, or just came from a Mother at some point :)

Giveaway closes at midnight, MST, Thursday, May 5th, 2011

To Enter:

1. Become a follower of this blog and leave a comment.

2.  If you're already a follower, leave a comment that you are.

3.  "Like" us on Facebook and leave a comment that you did.

So you have two chances to enter this contest for a $50 gift card to Target!  How awesome is that!  Thanks to our sponsor, Craft Night.

*this giveaway is closed, but thanks for all your awesome comments!

Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday: