Birthday Party Mantle Display

We're having a birthday at Dot's house in a few days, well, 4 days as you can tell by the countdown cake!  The block has five days on it (the last side has a "happy birthday" instead of a 6), so I got this up yesterday and I'll leave it up through the birthday and then FINALLY get my Memorial Day/Summer decor finito!


So I stuck glue dots on a couple balloons and stuck those to push pins since they wouldn't stay on the wall.  Then there's the cute birthday banner that Glitta made for a my 30th birthday a couple years ago draped across the front.  I have a "Wish" sign that I actually got as a Christmas gift from one of my cute neighbors.  It was just the silver sign, and then I stuck it on the stand I made and put the glittered candle on top of it (with glue dots- my go-to temporary adhesive around the house!)  There's my FABULOUS birthday hat that I ordered from Silver Spoon Scraps etsy shop.  And of course my balloon wreath.  If you want a tutorial, this is a great one!  I embellished mine with a cupcake on ribbon bow.


How do you decorate for birthdays?  Hope this gives you some ideas!

Linking here:
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday: