Memorial Day Inspiration: Patriotic Cupcake Toppers

I am willing to bet I am not the only one who is eager to kick off summer this Memorial Day weekend! I love the idea of having a day where family and friends all across the country gather for cookouts and picnics and commemorate those who have given their lives to serve our country. These types of weekend festivities are typically laid back so there’s no need to wear your self out over elaborate decorations or dessert tables. Trust me, I’m all about simplicity when it comes to doing anything. That’s why I am smitten with these easy {as in do you have two minutes to spare} cupcake toppers! The second I saw these little patriotic top hats at my local Hobby Lobby I instantly envisioned them on top of a cupcake. It’s a real easy way to add some red, white, and blue to your backyard celebration with out having to sacrifice sipping away on your favorite cocktail. All I did was bust out my hot glue gun, adhere some lollipop sticks to the inside of the top hats, and TADA! Now you have your self some adorable toppers. Craft stores are filled this time of year with all kinds of holiday odds and ends and you’d be amazed at how many of those items make wonderful toppers. Go ahead, give it a try!

Supplies


Top Hats

Lollipop Sticks

Cupcakes

Glue Gun


ONE EASY STEP: Take your glue gun and adhere the top hats to the lollipop sticks.  Top your cupcake and look how adorable they are!










See how easy that was? I feel like a cheater labeling it a tutorial! The cupcakes were even store bought-don’t judge!



What’s your go-to cookout recipe?



In the spirit of Memorial Day I'm sharing with Step It Up for The Troops:




Linking here:

http://www.skiptomylou.org/