Kid’s Say The Darnest Things

I'm wrapping up Teacher's Appreciation Week with this final treat from some sweet little people! I'm a sucker for kids and the silly things they can say so I thought it would be fun to round up their thoughts on their teachers and how they perceive them outside of the classroom. Isn't it funny how as really young kids we thought it was such a big deal if we saw our teacher off school grounds doing....well, normal things?

{Image via Exquisite Banana}

What do you think your teacher does when she/he is not at school?

Kyle~Pre-school: I don’t know, but I do know she goes to church.

Madilyn~Pre-Kindergarten: I think she tries to find ladybugs because she loves them so much.

Angel~1st Grade: My teacher drives around town and spends time with her family.

Derrick~Pre-school: I think my teacher makes worksheets for my homework while at home.

Katie~I don’t know. Hmmm…I think she makes dinner.

Kid A~6th Grade: Checks papers, cooks dinner & spends a little time with family.

Kid B~3rd Grade:Probably grades homework at home.

Kid C~Pre-school: Cooks dinner.


What do you think your teacher was like when she/he was in your grade?

Kyle~Pre-school: She played with toys and probably liked books.

Madilyn~Pre-Kindergarten: She played with toys and probably liked books.

Angel~1st Grade: She was probably very smart and a good student.

Derrick~Pre-school: She was probably very tiny, smart, and friendly.

Katie~I think she was a reader!

Kid A~6th Grade: Got good grades

Kid B~3rd Grade:Like a normal 3rd grader.

Kid C~Pre-school: Probably played a lot.

What is one thing that
your teacher taught you?

Kyle~Pre-school: She taught me good choices and bad choices.

Madilyn~Pre-Kindergarten: She taught me a lot of fun songs and you know those “hand thingy's” {sign language}

Angel~1st Grade: She taught me 2 + 2=4 and other math stuff

Derrick~Pre-school: She doesn't teach me anything! {Now before we throw stones at little Derrick’s teacher I suppose I should inform you his mommy noted he was a little angry at the time of his BIG interview and she wanted to point out his teacher did teach him how to write his name. Oh kids!)

Katie~She taught me how to graph.

Kid A~6th Grade: Stem & leaf plots.

Kid B~3rd Grade: Multiplication.

Kid C~Pre-school: The devil taught Jesus to fall off a mountain but he didn't.

Thanks to all these little people for taking time out of their busy schedules for their mini interviews!