Pinwheel Wreath Kids' Door Decor! (for free...)


I saw this AWESOME "wreath" that Dave's Wife made and fell in love!  I already have a new summer wreath for my front door, but I thought my kids could use a smaller version for their door decor!
image from the Diary of Dave's wife


I made one for each, but the light was best outside of Finn's room! :)

I started with an 8" embroidery hoop I already had from a long abandoned project:


And then wrapped it in white yarn.  (Also chosen because it was what I already had!)


Then I spent a Glee episode making pinwheels from leftover scraps of scrapbook paper.  They are soooo easy to make!  I made some last summer for a cousin's baby shower so I didn't need a tutorial, but A Subtle Revery has one if you need it.  You just cut a square of paper and then cut diagonally in towards the center, stopping short of the middle.  I secured my pinwheels with little gold brads I already had.  Then you hot-glue those bad-boys on!  I also tied a length of yarn across the wreath and hot-glued triangles of paper across as a banner.  I used rub-ons for the letters.  


I love how they turned out! (Plus I like to toot my horn...)  But if I was doing a do-over I'd just go buy a different color of yarn.  It's like a whopping dollar and the white on white could be perked up.  But I still love the new summer update to get ready for Memorial Day and the start of summer!


Linking here:
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:
Saturday: